1. The chatbot asks for the customer's social security number to verify their identity.
2. It asks them to choose the reason they are looking for help: to enter an income-driven plan, to submit documentation for the annual recertification of my income-driven payment, to submit documentation early to have my income-driven payment recalculated immediately, or to change to a different income-driven plan.
3. It asks them to choose a plan out of the following: the income-driven repayment plan with the lowest monthly payment, REPAYE, PAYE, IBR, or ICR.
4. It asks them if they have multiple loan holders or services.
5. It asks them if they are currently in deferment or forbearance.
6. It asks them the number of children, including unborn children, in their family who receive more than half of their support from them.
7. It asks them the number of other people, excluding their spouse and children, who live with them and receive more than half of their support from them.
8. It asks them if they are single, married, married (but separated), or married (but can't access their spouse's income information).
9. It asks them if their spouse has federal student loans.
10. It asks them for their spouse's name, date of birth, and social security number.
11. It asks them if they filed their last federal income tax return jointly with their spouse.
12. It asked if their income changed significantly since they filed their last federal income tax return.
13. It asked if their spouse's income changed significantly since they filed their last federal income tax return.
14. It asks them if they or their spouse have taxable income.
15. It collects their name, phone number, and address.
16. It deprioritizes payments over expenses like medical expenses, housing, food, etc., of eligible borrowers.