Up until now, our WhatsApp customer engagement channel has allowed you to automate customer interactions in two ways:
- Manual Campaigns – You could upload a list of opted-in WhatsApp numbers and shoot a marketing/support message to your customers just like mass emails and SMSes.
- Conversation Automation – The moment a customer/prospect replies to a campaign message or initiates a conversation on your WhatsApp business number, communication from thereon becomes automatic – based on the chatbot’s predefined protocols and conditional logic.
Today, we add a third method to this list: WhatsApp Webhook Campaigns. In this post we’ll give you a full breakdown of this feature explaining:
- What this feature is
- Why you should care about it
- How you can implement it in your customer experience.
What are WhatsApp Webhook Campaigns?
Have you ever made a booking for a hotel or a flight and gotten an automatic WhatsApp message confirming that booking?
If so, then you’ve received a WhatsApp Webhook Campaign.
WhatsApp Webhook Campaigns let businesses trigger automatic WhatsApp messages from their CRM based on a set of pre-defined conditions.
For example, if you run an e-commerce site and you want to collect feedback from customers after they receive your products in the mail, you can set up a webhook campaign that will automatically send a message asking for feedback after an order shows up as being delivered in your CRM.
Once the user responds to this message, they can then be automatically guided through chat conversation that collects their feedback on the topic
The use cases of this are endless! We’ve been testing a few use cases with our customers and these are just some ideas we’ve come up with so far:
- Booking confirmations for travel companies
- EMI reminders for BFSI companies
- Order Tracking for ecommerce products
- Form/Cart abandonment reminders
- Personalized product suggestions
And that’s just scratching the surface! Think about it this way. You already send these sorts of messages today over SMS and Email. WhatsApp Webhook campaigns let you do the same thing, but instead of SMS or email, the message goes out through WhatsApp
Why you should care about this feature
Now I know what you’re thinking. If I’m already doing all of this through SMS and email, why bother with WhatsApp? It boils down to one factor that is essential to the success of any customer communication effort: open rates.
For years now, email and SMS open rates have been lagging. When it comes to email, breaking free from the dreaded promotions tab is nearly impossible task and when it comes to SMS years of unrelenting email blasts have numbed most customers to any communication from this channel. WhatsApp on the other hand, consistently registers open rates higher than 70%. As if that weren’t enough, unlike in email and SMS where information flows in one direction (from business to customer), with WhatsApp customers are actually able to respond to messages creating meaningful two-way interactions.
How you can start using WhatsApp Webhook Campaigns
As always, we have created a handy help doc to walk you through the entire process of getting this feature set up.
If you need help or face any issues, book a demo with us today and someone from our team will personally walk you through the implementation.